Monday, March 9, 2009

Apple Chai Tea ♥ Make your own at home

Since it IS snowing here in Seattle, I thought I'd share with you one of my FAVORITE drinks from Starbucks that I get whenever I'm freezing (which is ALL the time! shh!), it is an Apple Chai Tea.
It reminds me a spicy hot apple cider and it is extremely easy to make for you and your loved one, or just yourself =)


I usually make enough to fill my coffee mug which is equivalent to a Tall (approximately 12 oz) sized coffee cup at Starbucks


You will need the following ingredients:


Boiling water
Any REGULAR Chai Tea Bag - I use Tazo's Spiced Black Tea
Apple Cider or Apple Juice - microwave for 50 seconds or add to kettle till boiling
Whipped cream (optional)
Cinnamon (optional)


Once you have boiled your water and added the tea bag to it, keep the bag in for 5-8 minutes so you get the full flavor. You might want to microwave/boil your juice right before your tea is done so it won't get cold while you are waiting. You're going to add about 2" of tea into your mug and then add your 10 oz of hot apple juice or cider. Mix as you are slowly adding the apple juice/cider.


If you are wanting a REAL treat, add as much whip cream on top. If you have cinnamon, sprinkle some on top of the cream, if you have a cinnamon stick, stick it in while you drink and enjoy.


YUM YUM! If you guy's try this please let me know how you like it, I am INLOVE with this drink.


Bailey




1 comment:

  1. I ll definitely try this, it seems great!Thanks for the recipe!!

    ReplyDelete