Saturday, January 31, 2009

Make-up removers, drugstore and MAC

I'm laying on my bed eating sweet tarts and watching "The Pursuit of Happyness", I cry every time I watch this movie! It's just so good and Will Smith is my favorite. His little son is such a good little actor, no surprise since his dad is one of the best. If you haven't seen it, do not hesitate any longer.

Anyways, enough irrelevant talk! At the end of the day I pretty much obsess about taking off my foundation primer, foundation, concealer, eye shadow primer, eye shadows, mascara, eye liner, blush, bronzer, lip gloss, and anything else I might have put on. Thinking of all of what I put on my face every day just makes me want to scrub my face for an hour straight before I go to bed. When removing my make-up, I always use wipes/cloths because I find that they are way more efficient in removing everything instead of liquid/cream removers which just leave your face feeling super oily. The other day I picked up two make-up removers, Olay Daily Facials express wipes and Garnier Nutrioniste detoxifying wet cleansing towelettes. Both are pre-moistened and have added benefits to your skin but there is a little difference between the two.

Here are the comparisons.

Olay Daily Facials express wet cleansing clothes
Available at all drugstores
Price: $5.99 for 30 wipes















-Vitamin E (anti-oxident)

-Olay moisture (lightweight formula to replenish your skin's natural moisture leaving it soft and beautiful)

-Suitable for all skin types

-Has a special "lift and lock" texture that locks the dirt/make-up on the cloth instead of back on your face (personally, every wipe i've tried has this "lift and lock" effect)

-Alcohol-free

-Ophthalmologist and Dermatologist tested

-Fragrance-free


Garnier Nutrioniste detoxifying cleansing towlettes
Available at all drugstores
Price: $5.99 for 25 wipes











-Vitamin E + Grape
Extract (anti-oxident to help detoxify)

-Vitamin B5 (infuses skin with essential moisture to prevent overdrying)

-Green Leaf Extract (naturally soothes and refreshes)

-100% Oil-free

-Non comedogenic (won't clog pores)

-Ophthalmologist and Dermatologist tested

-Smells AMAZING!


I like using them both and you get pretty good product for what you pay for, my favorite has to be the Garnier Nutrioniste wipes. It seems to have many more benefits for your skin than the Olay. These are both in my opinion the top drugstore brands. They both have resealable stickers on the front package, but usually 15-20 wipes in, the stickiness seems to fade but I just lay them with the face down so it can't open on it's own.


If by chance you are willing to spend a little more, I definitely recommend ($24.50) MAC bulk wipes.

All 3 of these wipes basically do the same job by removing make-up, dirt, smudges, and anything else on your face. I bought these at a Cosmetic Company Outlet (CCO) store for $20 I believe, so instead of paying $0.25 per wipe, I paid $0.20 - not a huge deal but if I come across any discounted MAC item, I'm sold. These wipes hydrate and nourish and contain a special MAC cleanser that is infused with vitamin E. It has a re-sealable lid just like the others but it is a little bigger in size, so if you're traveling and need space, I would pick up the 2 others I mentione above. The MAC wipes are made more for home use. After I use my brushes after make-up application, I will quickly clean them with these as well!


Bailey

2 comments:

  1. Hey Bailey. :0) Love your name, hehe. Thanks for stopping by my bloggy and subbing!

    I totally agree with you on the Garnier Nutritionist wipes. They are my favourite and I always have to grab a bunch of them when they go on sale. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. =) no problem! Your blog is awesome =) YES i just bought 2 packs at Target. They should have better sale lol

    ReplyDelete